Well, I think day two was a little harder than day one for the boys. We didn't have much communication during the day except for a few text messages, but they did find service and called around 10:30 last night.
They left Farmington around 7:00 a.m. and had a long hot ride to Johnson Shut-In's. Some of you may know about the shut-in's because they were all over the news a while back for flooding. The guys spent some much needed time cooling off in the water. They rode a while longer and stopped in Centerville for a quick dip in Black River. Tim said they rested in the water under an overpass.
Apparently there were some pretty long and steep hills. Tim said that one of the hills lasted for two miles! They made it to Ellington and went to the grocery store for bananas and sandwich stuff and then set up the tent for the evening. Like I said earlier, Tim called at 10:30 which really surprised me because I thought they would be in bed. He said it was way too hot to sleep. I hope they got some good rest despite the heat. Hopefully I'll hear from them again today and have a little more info for you.
Keep praying for their health and safety as they travel! I know they appreciate it.
No comments:
Post a Comment