She has cut her first tooth!!! She was working on it pretty hard over the Christmas break (sorry to everyone who had to go through that) but it finally made its appearance within the last couple of days.
She wants to pull up on stuff but isn't too sure how that all works. She did manage to pull herself up to the coffee table the other day, but didn't know what to do once she got there. I have a feeling she is going to have a few more bumps and bruises than Ellen did. Ellen was so careful about everything and Sophia just goes for it full force! As I write this she is trying to climb the chair into my lap!!!
Sophia has turned a huge corner! We were having such a hard time getting her to take naps during the day. She would only sleep for 45 minutes at a time and was terribly cranky. Now, she's taking a good morning nap and a great afternoon nap. So, both girls are down at the same time in the afternoon and I'm able to get some things done. I makes my day go so much smoother now that she's on a schedule. If you know me at all I LIKE MY SCHEDULE!
Sophia's diet is expanding. She has started eating soft finger foods and loves it. I haven't found a food that she doesn't like.
Now on to Ellen. Ellen is such a great big sister. She helps me know where Sophia is and what she's doing. : ) She'll call Sophia to her room and will let her play with her toys. It is so sweet to see them playing together. Ellen will ask me if she can share her things with her sister. I love it!
Ellen has learned how to write her first name and is working on her last name. She wants to know how to spell everything and is learning the beginning sounds of lots of words. We still do little activities during the week and we cook every once in a while too. Now that Sophia is napping in the morning we are able to do a little more.
Ellen has been doing gymnastics since the fall and she is getting much better. She really enjoys going and is learning a lot. She likes to practice in the living room for whoever is willing to watch. Ellen LOVES dancing and singing. Everything she does is done to some type of movement or song. She's quite the little entertainer...I don't know where that comes from : )
Here are Sophia's 9 month pictures. As you can see, getting the picture was a little harder this time.

No comments:
Post a Comment