We started a new tradition this year, we did a daily advent calendar. I had been looking for one for a few years and I couldn't ever find one that I liked, so I made one. Here's what I came up with: a mini muffin tin, scrapbook paper, stickers, and 24 fun things! I didn't want all of the spaces to be filled with candy, because then there wouldn't be anything surprising. So, I came up with some fun family activities, a few surprise treats, and some candy. (examples: play Christmas music loudly and dance, drink hot chocolate, go look at Christmas lights, etc)
So, we started with #24 being "Set up the Nativity Scene"
In the past, Ellen has been in charge of listening to Tim read the story from Luke and set up the pieces. This year she had a little help from Sophia...I think Ellen let her set up ONE sheep! : )
Doesn't everyone set up their Nativity in a leotard?
Let the Christmas season begin!
No comments:
Post a Comment