Monday, January 10, 2011

Christmas 2010

This year we started a tradition of opening a couple of presents on Christmas Eve. 
Last year after Christmas I found these cute pajamas for the girls.  I thought it would be fun for them to have something new to wear for Christmas morning. 
We've tried to get in the habit of buying some good Christian, Christmas books for them. We we decided to let them open one book on Christmas Eve too.  
The girls in their new pajamas looking at their new book.


 MERRY CHRISTMAS!
The girls helping Tim open his camp fire pie maker!


Ellen got a sock monkey hat and loved it.  She's always been a big fan of hats.

Sophia got a multi sided puzzle

SiLly BaNdZ!  Who knew little plastic bracelets would be so popular?

A lantern for camping

Snow Princess Ellen

The girls got new backpacks which were super cute!

Ellen opening her "big" present from Tim and I...



A Loving Family doll house.  It has 8 rooms and she got tons of furniture to decorate with. 
 SHE LOVED IT!

Sophia and Tim opening another gift

Putting on lipstick like a pro!




This year I got a little crafty with my gifts. 
I found this idea online and adapted it to work for me.  There are seven 4x4 blocks with different letters on four of the sides.  With those seven blocks you can spell about 15 seasonal/holiday words like:



They were a lot of fun to make and I think they were welcomed with a smile!

2 comments:

Megan said...

ohh...I love your "block" idea! So cool! I thought about doing something similar actually for a gift for my sister in law using season words (spring, summer, winter, autumn) but I went another direction than using blocks.
Silly bandz...I think I would like them more if I weren't teaching:) I'm sure you can imagine.
love the pjs and the new family picture at the top!

Luke and Laura Brosius said...

looks like the blocks were a hit! and you found a way to keep the letters straight!

About Me

My photo
I thought I would give this blog thing a try. My plan is to use it as an online scrapbook for my family.