We always get a real tree for Christmas. I absolutely love the smell, and the fun of picking it out excites me every year. We don't have a tree farm close by like we did growing up, but we do have a grocery store parking lot. We take the girls with us so they can "help" pick out the Garber Christmas Tree. We try to get our tree early in December so that we can enjoy it before we leave for Christmas break for 2 weeks. The tree is always super dry when we get home and the clean-up is a mess, but I wouldn't trade it for anything. I've posted in the past about a tradition my dad started with me putting the tree topper on and how we've passed that on to Ellen. Well, we continued it this year and added another helper to the mix.
Ellen found the tree skirt and asked, "What is this?" I told her "It's the tree skirt." She promptly responded, "Can I wear it?"
...and here you go...Ellen in a tree skirt. She provided much entertainment for Tim and I that evening with her dancing.
(Maybe we'll show her the video when she gets older.)
Tim and the girls ready to decorate the tree.
Sweet Sophia pointing to "that!"
This was right before the entertainment started. I like the added headband. : )
The 2010 Garber Christmas Tree!
Ellen and Tim ready to put on the tree topper.
Up close and personal
TA-DA!
Sophia wanted to "help" too!
1 comment:
Lol! love wearing the tree skirt!
Post a Comment