Monday, April 12, 2010

Happy Birthday Sophia (part two)

We finally celebrated Sophia's birthday on Saturday. Here she is eating one of her favorite foods, hard boiled eggs. She can really make a mess out of things!


I was secretly hoping for the same "mess" with her cupcake. I just knew that she would tear into it and destroy it. Boy, was I WRONG! Instead, she cried her eyes out!


She wanted nothing to do with it. I even tried to hold her and she still didn't like it. Oh well, they tasted really good. Maybe next year. (she never ceases to amaze me...just when I think I've got her figured out, she goes and proves me wrong)


So, we gave up on the cupcakes and moved to her gifts.

Tim and I have made a tradition of buying the girls a bible for their first birthday. We buy them one that they will be able to use once they start reading.




Ellen bought Sophia this little Fisher-Price purse. Which is fitting since Ellen has more purses than I do! Sophia loves the songs and goodies that go inside. Great idea Ellen!

We also got Sophia a bear from Build-A-Bear. Ellen went with us and helped us pick it out. Ellen also came up with a great name for the bear...Lucy! Now we have Purple Bear and Lucy!
Overall it was a long week, but I can't believe Sophia is already 1. Time flies when you're having fun and we are having LOTS of fun.

1 comment:

Luke and Laura Brosius said...

Crazy girl. Afraid of cupcakes...? Sorry we missed out on those! Maybe next year :)

About Me

My photo
I thought I would give this blog thing a try. My plan is to use it as an online scrapbook for my family.