Thursday, March 19, 2009

Update

No pictures to post, but I thought I would give another weekly update on Sophia. I went to the doctor's office today and things are going great! I have about 2 1/2 weeks left. 17 days to be exact! 17 days sounds so much shorter to me than 2 1/2 weeks. The doctor said things look good, the baby is head down, so now all we have to do is wait! Ellen came 3 days early, so I'm not feeling like Sophie will arrive too soon. Which I am totally okay with. Tim and I were talking the other day about Ellen being born around World Cup Soccer time and Sophia will be born around the NCAA Men's Basketball finals! Good thing there are TVs at the Birth Center. : )

We have everything ready as far as room stuff goes, I just keep telling myself that she's better off in there AND she's not crying or waking up every 3 hours to eat. I don't know that I'll ever be totally ready for that. I still feel a lot of movement during the day and I'm sleeping pretty well at night. I did ask Tim if I could start wearing his t-shirts because she has dropped some and I feel like my tummy is showing out the bottom. Especially when I go work out!

Ellen is doing well. I think she thinks my belly is big and it's always going to be that way! : ) I sure hope not! Ellen's new saying is, "Are you kidding me?" It's pretty funny to hear her say it, but it almost makes me cringe too. I asked her who says that and she said, "my daddy say that." Tim thought it was pretty funny. I think we have mastered the potty part of potty training. She is wearing big girl underwear and hasn't had an accident in a while! We're getting close with the other part. I'm just happy to not have 2 in diapers at the same time. She is pretty much independent when it comes to the whole process. She can get herself up on the potty and take care of business! What a huge help that is!

Tim will be on Spring Break next week. He plans on getting some loose ends tied up around the house and finish his paper for his master's class. His track team will start having meets at the beginning of April. So, we'll have a few nights a week without him. He also has a big birthday coming up...30!

I think that just about sums up our lives here in Bolivar. Hopefully there will be a post soon of our new Sophie!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I thought I would give this blog thing a try. My plan is to use it as an online scrapbook for my family.