Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Any ideas?

Well, it's Wednesday and Ellen and I did some more baking today. I'm trying to think of a fun name to call these cooking days...any ideas?

Today we made Plum-Side Down Cakes. Ellen had never had a plum before so I had her taste it before we got started. She said she didn't like it so I wasn't sure how this was going to turn out.

Here's what we did:


We got all of our ingredients out first. This makes the process so much smoother. She doesn't get distracted and she knows where everything is.


I wanted to take her picture before we got started. As you can see, she wanted to take a picture of me too!

Here she is spraying the muffin tins and putting the butter in the bowl.


Mixing up the brown sugar and putting it in the bottom of the tins.

Next she had to put the plum slices in the bottom of the tin. In another bowl we mixed the dry ingredients.
She really likes it when she can pour the ingredients into the mixer. And she REALLY likes it when she can have a taste!
Here are the cakes fresh out of the oven...and here they are after we turned them out.
Plum-Side Down Cakes are yummy! Come to find out, Ellen really liked the plums.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How about "Kids in the Kitchen". Somewhere I linked to a site that does "Kids in the Kitchen", I believe it said on Thursdays. Love it, we're gonna start this week too!
Here's the blog...

http://meandlu2.blogspot.com/

About Me

My photo
I thought I would give this blog thing a try. My plan is to use it as an online scrapbook for my family.