Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Ellen's first day of Preschool

Ellen started preschool this year.  She attends Sunshine Preschool Monday-Thursday from 8-11.  A few days before her first day of school we were able to take Ellen to see her room, meet her teacher, and drop off her supplies. 
If you know Ellen, she was beyond excited to start school.  We had a countdown chain for about 15 days prior to her first day. Tearing off a chain was the first thing she did after she got out of bed every morning.  Then she proceeded to tell anyone who would listen how many days she had until school started!

Ellen and her teacher Ms Campbell at the Open House night.

Ellen and I going through a checklist that Ms Campbell had for her during Open House.
 So, on Monday, August 22, 2011 Ellen started preschool!!!  She had her outfit picked out the night before, she knew what she wanted her hair to look like...she was ready to rock & roll.  We took some pictures before we left that morning and the sun was shining in her eyes, so she's got a funny look on her face. 


Ellen requested that I take a picture of the back of her backpack.  PRINCESSES!!


 Standing outside the building ready to get started!  "Mom, you can just drop me off at the door, I'll go in by myself!"  This is what she told me as we were eating breakfast that morning.  I told her that Ms Campbell requires all moms and dads to bring them in the building everyday.  (true story)  I might be wishing this were not the case come October when I have to haul Ellen, Sophia, AND Olivia inside the building! 
Anyway, as we pulled into the parking lot I told Ellen that I wanted to pray for her each day before she went inside.  I was very surprised when I got choked up while praying for her.  But after that, I was fine.  It was little sister Sophia who had the hard time saying good-bye.  "I want my Ellen!"  was what she was crying as we left the building.  It was a touching moment.


Once we got inside she knew exactly what to do.  She found her hook and put up her backpack.  She was so proud of herself.


She was/is one happy Sunshine Preschooler!
Things have been going great at Preschool.  She's making friends, has gotten to be the line leader, and always has a story to tell about the day.  I guess her one complaint came after the first day when she told me, "mom, I didn't learn how to read today!"
I LOVE THIS KID!!!!

When Ellen got home she was greeted with her favorite treat...Chocolate Chip Cookies!!!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I thought I would give this blog thing a try. My plan is to use it as an online scrapbook for my family.