We're trying our hand at a bigger garden this year. In the past we've had room for a few tomato plants and that's it. This year we moved the garden spot to the other side of the yard and expanded it so we could plant more things.
Like I said, our spot is much bigger than we've had in the past. Our dear friend Jason came and tilled the ground up for us. Without him I think we would still be digging!
After a lot of RAIN we finally got our plants in the ground. Again, thanks to Jason for helping Tim "construct" the layout of the garden.
Going from left to right we have:
Row 1: a variety of tomato plants (cherry, grape, yellow, red, etc.)
Row 2: a few more tomato plants, 3 cucumber plants, & 2 cantaloupe plants
Row 3: peppers
Rows 4&5: pole beans
Here's an up to date picture of the garden with things actually growing!
Proof to our garden friends that we really did do it!
Our first "fruit" from the garden. I actually picked another one today and there are several more that will be ready in a few more days. If nothing else works out I guess we learned that we can grow cucumbers. The first one was very tasty...the girls ate the whole thing. I guess I'll set the one I picked today aside for Tim to enjoy!
Happy gardening : )
1 comment:
by your "gardening friends", I am assuming you are referring to me?... :) Can't wait to try some of those tomatoes!!!!!
Post a Comment