For Memorial Day we went camping at Montauk State Park. We met my dad there on Thursday, my mom, brother and his family, and my aunt and her husband came on Friday. Both my parents and my Aunt Teresa have pop-up campers. Tim and I were planning on camping in a tent and letting the girls sleep in the camper, but the weather was pretty rainy and the ground was super wet. So, Tim & I, along with the girls slept in the camper with my parents. My brother Dustin, his wife Lindsay, and their two girls slept with Teresa and Jerry in their camper. We all had a lot of fun. They men did a lot of fishing and were quite successful! We ladies and kids held the campground down, cooked meals, and played with the kids. Oh, one more thing...we made LOTS of trips to the bathroom!!!!
The girls and I cleaning up after breakfast Thursday morning on Nana's new camp kitchen.
It was so awesome!!
Making breakfast Friday morning. It was pretty cold through the night and the ground was still pretty wet. That's why the girls are wearing their sweats and rain boots.
Sophia trying to say "Cheese" for the camera. : )
The girls eating their breakfast before the guys came home from their morning trip to the river.
My mom and dad eating breakfast in their fancy-dancy camp chairs. They actually recline! I tried it out one afternoon while everyone was taking a nap and I must say they are pretty comfortable.
BABY VALERIE! She made the trip and she was less than a month old. She did an amazing job. I don't think she made a peep the whole weekend.
Kate and Ellen hanging out around the camp fire.
Teresa and Jerry brought their dog Sammy. The girls loved sitting on Jerry's lap and playing with the dog.
Ellen and Tim sitting around the camp fire. I think this one should go on Tim's new desk!
Ellen roasting a marshmallow for her Smore.
Ellen and Purple Bear getting ready for bed.
Tim "getting the girls ready" for bed!
Play time for the girls consisted of coloring, blowing bubbles, and going on rock hunts. Oh yeah, did I mention they liked to go to the bathroom?
Mom putting her Kindle to good use.
Sophia, Ellen, and Kate
Ellen- When did she get so grown up?
Sophia- She's turning into a funny little girl
Kate- One of the most caring kids I know
Bruises, scrapes, and band-aids!
We took the girls to the hatchery to feed the fish. They each got their own bowl of fish food and needless to say, some emptied their bowl faster than others.
These were some happy fish!
Sophia and Kate were throwing the food in the water by the hand full.
Ellen was picking up individual pieces off the ground and putting them in her bowl. I didn't think she would ever use up all of her fish food.
THE END!
1 comment:
Okay. Seriously, how is it that BOTH of your girls are so enjoying that little dog but are TERRIFIED of Meg?!? :) Looks like yall had lots of fun! Someday maybe we will join the garbers for a camping trip... :)
Post a Comment