Monday, April 25, 2011

Easter 2011

This was the first time we spent Easter away from any of our family. Tim didn't have a lot of time off school this year so we decided to try it on our own. I'm so glad we did. We got to spend some time as a family talking about what "easter" really means. We read some books about Jesus' last week, his crucifixion, and his resurrection. I wouldn't have traded it for anything.

Thanks to my friend Trina we got a family picture taken. I'm sure it wouldn't have happened otherwise.
We did the girls baskets on Saturday so that we could focus on the resurrection on Sunday. It's what it's all about anyway right?
Don't you love the chocolate cross and fish that I found at Wal-Mart? Perfect!


We had the girls go on an egg hunt around the house, since it has been raining for the last few days. At the end they could have some of the treats inside.

We hid Ellen and Sophia's eggs in different rooms so that someone wouldn't find all the eggs. I hid Sophia's eggs in the kitchen and Tim did Ellen's in the living room. So looking back, I didn't get any pictures of Ellen hunting. Sorry!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I thought I would give this blog thing a try. My plan is to use it as an online scrapbook for my family.