I didn't take my camera inside but the building is BEAUTIFUL! It's such a neat building that has been around for a long time; it truly is a treasure to behold.
Some of you have heard our story about this trip but it bears repeating.
Tim and I took off from Desloge (were we left the girls) in plenty of time to get to the Fox, find a place to park, look around, and find our seats. When we got to the Fox we parked and walked in; where we were greeted in a whisper by the ticket taker. She kindly said (in a whisper) "the show has already started, so I'll..." "WHAT?" I quickly interrupted. She said, "yes, the show started at 1:00." I totally thought the show started at 2:00. My heart quickly sank and I felt so embarrassed! The lady kindly tried to find our seats in the dark, but we ended up settling for some farther back until intermission. Tim felt so bad for me because I had been looking forward to this for so long. He decided he would go talk to the ticket people and see what we could do.
To make a long story short we had 3 options: 1- stay and finish the show and count the first 45 minutes of the show a loss. 2- leave and try to buy tickets again for the evening show. 3- watch the second half of the show and come back before the evening show, to see if they had any tickets left to trade in for what we missed. I went for options 3 because I didn't want to leave and risk the evening show being sold out. So, we came back at 7:30 and they gave us tickets (that weren't too bad) and saw the first half of the show. Since I had already seen the second half I didn't feel like we needed to stay, so we left at intermission. So, the show was FABULOUS! Even if I didn't see it in the right order. : )
After we left the Fox, for the first time, we hunted down our hotel. We checked in to this nice, little room. It was very small and the view was of another big building. This was not what I was expecting. Tim called the front desk and asked if they had a room with a view and they did. We quickly packed up and moved from this...
...to THIS!
It was so much bigger and the views were GREAT!
I felt kind of funny taking pictures of us in St. Louis because it doesn't seem like a vacation spot to me.
We had to find a Ted Drews Frozen Custard stand before we left St. Louis...it's a STL original!
1 comment:
What a fun vacation! Love it when hubbies plan stuff. Sorry about your show, but good for you for getting what you deserved. Also on your room... you don't know until you ask, right?! Glad you guys had a good time!
Post a Comment