This post isn't like most of my posts. I don't usually write about myself, but I feel God calling me to do it...so here it goes.
I've been praying about some things for our family and I wasn't feeling like I was getting any direction.
(Let's back up a little bit) I am part of a women's bible study that meets every Wednesday, and in our prayer group I mentioned that I was struggling with my daily quiet time. I was filling my day with "stuff" that I thought needed to be done. Well, that afternoon I had some time to myself (which is rare) and I saw my bible on the kitchen table. I knew that the Lord wasn't going to answer my questions about my family when I wasn't doing my part of being in the word.
So, I said, "Lord, where do I even start? Do I pick a book and start reading? What book do I pick?" No sooner had that thought come to my mind did the Lord say, "I want you to study all of the Godly women of the bible." I was in shock that the Lord spoke to me that quickly! Obviously he didn't want me to waste anymore time so he gave me what I was looking for!
I remembered that I had a book about Godly women of the bible and started making a list of all the names I could find. I googled Godly women of the bible and came up with several more. (Isn't the Internet amazing?) I alphabetized my list and started from there. Every day I take a new woman and find out all I can about her. I feel like the Lord wants me to take what I find and implement it into my life.
So far I've read about Abigail, Anna, Deborah, Dinah & Tamar, & Dorcas. I'm not sure if I'll keep posting about this or not. I'll leave that up to Him!
Thanks for reading this unconventional post for garbergang3.
No comments:
Post a Comment