Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Triathlon

Dad and Dustin did another triathlon last Saturday near Springfield. The race was scheduled to start at 7:30 a.m., but due to stormy weather they waited until 9:30 to start. So, we stood under umbrellas for a while and then we crammed the strollers under a full pavilion. It was a lot of standing and waiting, but it was all worth while.
The race consisted of a 500 meter lake swim, 12.5 mile bike, and a 2 mile run.
Pre-race pictures of the lake and transition area
Dad and Dustin waiting to get into the water.


Ready...Set...
GO!!!
Dustin and Dad transitioning from the swim to the bike.
Dad leaving for the bike leg of the race.
Dustin and Dad leaving for the 2 mile run.


Dustin and Dad finishing the race.
Dustin came in second overall and first in his age division. Dad came in first in his age division as well. I am so proud of them both!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I thought I would give this blog thing a try. My plan is to use it as an online scrapbook for my family.