Friday, October 24, 2008

Braver than Mommy

I have been challenged recently to do more quality things with Ellen. I'm not sure if it's because I know another baby is coming and I will never get this time back; or if it's because she is getting older and can do more things now. Honestly, it's probably a little bit of both.

Yesterday I made up a scavenger hunt for Ellen to do after lunch. I drew a list of things for her to find when we went on a walk. She was so excited and seemed to know exactly what to do. We found the leaves right away, but the stick was the hard one to find. Ellen was so proud of her treasures. As soon as Tim walked in the door from work she ran to him with her bag of stuff.
As we finished the walk I spotted a big toad. I'm not quite sure why I pointed it out to her, because I HATE frogs. Don't ask me why, I just do. It's obvious by the pictures that she isn't afraid like me. She got right down there and waved and said, "hi frog!" The frog was also on the top of her list to show daddy when he got home. She doesn't forget much.




No comments:

About Me

My photo
I thought I would give this blog thing a try. My plan is to use it as an online scrapbook for my family.