Thursday, February 2, 2012

Olivia Joy Garber

October 19, 2011
Olivia Joy Garber was born at 5:00 a.m.
8 pound 9 ounces  21 inches long

Lets back up a couple of days...
Olivia was born on a Wednesday, but I woke up Monday morning thinking that this would be the day.  I talked Tim into staying home because I had had contractions all night long.  We didn't want to take the chance of Tim being gone and me going into labor with both girls home.  So, Tim got up with the girls and I stayed in bed for a little while longer.  Around noon, my contractions started to slow down and were almost NOTHING!  I felt so bad that Tim missed a day of work for this.  You think I would know what was going on being this was my third child and all!

So, Tuesday morning came and I told Tim that I was feeling OK and that he should go on to work.  I knew the baby would be coming any day and I didn't want him to waste any more of his days off.  My due date had passed and I was getting pretty anxious.  #1 because I knew my doctor was heading out of town Wednesday morning at 9:00, not to return for over a week!  And #2, my emergency contact, Becca, was supposed to be out of town Tuesday night. 

I was praying that my body would follow the same routine it did with the other two girls, my water would break and I would know it was time to go to the hospital.  But what if it didn't?  Would I know when it was time to go?  What are we going to do with the girls?  Is my doctor going to be there?  Tons of questions and thoughts were running through my head. 

After dinner Tuesday night I was laying on the couch trying to relax.  I was having contractions and they were about 5-7 minutes apart and it was like that pretty much the rest of the evening.  We got the girls in bed and told them that if Ms Becca was here in the morning that that meant Olivia was here.  I'm not sure what time it was exactly, but I woke up and couldn't get back to sleep.  My contractions were stronger and were getting closer together.  I got up and tried walking around but that didn't seem to help.  I was assuming that my water wasn't going to break and we were going to have to make a decision on what we were going to do.  I had just woken up Tim to tell him that I thought we needed to get going when my water broke!  Thank you Lord for answered prayers.  We called Becca (another prayer answered) to tell her it was time.  She came and we went! 

We got to the hospital around 2:00a.m. ...this means that my doctor would be able to be there!  Thank you Lord again!  We called our parents to tell them where we were and that Olivia would be here soon. 

Labor, Labor, Labor...I'll spare you the details and at 5:00 a.m. we got to see this...




My parents got into town and came strait to the hospital, they made it just in time. After seeing the baby they went back to our house and relieved Becca and told the girls the good news!  The girls were anxious to meet their new baby sister.


Showing off their Big Sister shirts!

Me and my girls!


Papa's 5th grandchild and they're all girls!

Nana, helping new big sister Sophia hold the baby.

Ellen acts like a pro holding Olivia.

She took this picture to preschool the next day to show her class. 
 It's now in a frame in Olivia's room.

This is what Sophia wanted to do...push the baby cart all over the room!  What's next?

Papa and his Garber Girls!

Welcome to the Gang Miss Olivia Joy!

Grandma Jane getting to hold Olivia just weeks after holding her other new grand baby, Louie Oliver!

Grandpa Dale and Olivia

This is a funny picture because the two grandpas were talking technology and neither of them are real technological people.  Love you guys!




Nana and her 5th grand-baby



We love you Olivia!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I thought I would give this blog thing a try. My plan is to use it as an online scrapbook for my family.