I don't do the personal writing thing much simply because most of my life revolves around 3 other people. But, I felt like there were some things to share and maybe you could help keep me accountable with them. First of all, I've started RUNNING! You heard me correct, it wasn't a typo. Rhianna Garber has started running. My friend Erin and I decided to start a running program called Couch 2 5K. It starts out slow and builds up over 9 weeks and hopefully at the end I'll be able to run a full 5K! I never in my right mind thought it would be fun to do such a thing but so far it isn't too bad. We run around 9:15 p.m. after all of the kids are in bed. We have recruited some other runners (from Desloge) and we're trying to turn it into a competition of Bolivar vs. Desloge. The details are still in the works, but all of us are running and there might be an actual race for us to run in at the end of October.
Now that you have picked yourself up off the floor from my running statement, I'll share my other need for accountability. Ellen and I are going to be starting a "home school" preschool on Monday. I use the term home school VERY loosely! Tim and I found ourselves haveing to make a decison that we didn't think was going to be that hard. We had to decide what we wanted to do with Ellen this year, as far as school went. She's old enough to go to preschool at the public school or at the private Christian school here in town. If she went it would mean that she could go to kindergarten next year. That would mean she would be one of the youngest in her class. The teacher in me knew she would be okay, but could do so much more if we waited. The "worldly parent" in me wanted to send her because everyone else was sending their kid. After much prayer, we knew it would be best if we waited another year. With all that said, I found an amazing Christian preschool curriculum online. The best part is that it's totally FREE! The site has everything that I would need including a curriculum map for the full 36 weeks. (It will go right along with Tim's school year)
The program covers everything from character traits to bible stories/verses/songs to numbers, letters, and even tying shoes! I'm really excited to get started with her. I've been in the attic pulling out stuff that I think I can use over these next several months. Ellen is very excited to get started. She asks everyday when we're going to get to use the school stuff. : )
So, please keep us in your prayers. I know this is what God is calling me to do right now and I want to honor and glorify Him every day.
2 comments:
Yay for you! Sounds like some good decisions!
I started Couch to 5K this week, something I also thought I would NEVER do. And I agree...not too bad so far! Anthony and I are going to speed up our training a little bit and do the Pregnancy Care Center 5K in Springfield on October 2nd. My hope is that once I get into shape a little bit, I may actually enjoy running!
Post a Comment