Tuesday, August 25, 2009

HONEY!

As I sit here I'm listening to Ellen play with her Polly Pocket dolls. She's trying to put the shoes on the girl and then put her in her car. The shoes keep falling off and Ellen keeps saying, "HONEY, keep your shoes on!" I use the word honey when I'm encouraging or "correcting" Ellen. It is less harsh than raising my voice.

I wanted to share with anyone out there who might be reading this silly blog what God taught me last night.
It's pretty humbling when God uses your three year old to teach you a lesson. I was washing Ellen's hair last night and she wanted to help me do it. No harm in that right? I told her that since she had soap on her hands she couldn't put her hands on her face. Well, you know what happened...hands to the face...soap in the mouth and eyes!

This is what I said to her... "I just told you not to put your hands on your face. I know that sometimes you think you can do something by yourself, but sometimes mommy knows what's best for you." As soon as the words came out of my mouth I was reminded that God says the same thing to me! I try to do things on my own and I usually end up with soap in my mouth and eyes! Thanks Ellen for the lesson in listening to God!

As for the Polly Pocket shoes...they finally stayed on!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I thought I would give this blog thing a try. My plan is to use it as an online scrapbook for my family.