So, we went to the doctor yesterday and everything is great! (minus the 1 1/2 hour wait I had with both girls) Sophia weighs 14 pounds 8 ounces and is 26 inches long. She's in the 50-75% for her weight and 95% for her length. I don't have a 4 month picture of Ellen but Sophia is a full pound heavier and 1 inch longer.
Sophia is doing lots of fun things: she's rolling over and she is babbling like crazy. One of my favorite things these days is to sit and listen to Ellen and Sophia "talk." Sophia is reaching and grabbing for her toys. She's forming a bond with a baby doll and lovey/blanket. She's also chewing on everything; fingers, toys, & blankets. She's pretty much sleeping through the night too, which is a huge blessing!
Things have gotten back into a routine around here since Tim started school yesterday (8-13). Sophia is on a good 4 hour schedule which gives Ellen and I time to hang out and do some fun stuff. My plan is to work with her a few times a week on some basic writing and coloring things. Today we did some tracing and I let her experiment with the scissors...am I crazy? She did a great job with the scissors, it was hard to get her to hold them with her thumb on top, but we managed to get it. We did some RED coloring and went on a red scavenger hunt around the house. We're also going to do some kid friendly cooking, so be on the look out for that.
Like I said earlier, Tim's back at school and so far so good! What else can you say after two days? He graduated this summer with his Masters in Administration so this year there shouldn't be tons of extra "stuff" to do. I'm looking forward to this school year being a little calmer than the ones in the past.
As for me, I'm experimenting with new things. I'm learning how to make hair bows and I'm going to give sewing a shot. I'll let you know how that turns out! I'm not able to go to the gym much anymore because it falls right at Sophia's nap time, so I'm trying to get out and run a little. Other than keeping up with two kiddos, it's pretty calm around here.
No comments:
Post a Comment