Sunday, July 3, 2011

Springfield Zoo

Tim has finished summer school and is officially done being a teacher! 
We (or should I say) I, made a list of things that we could do as a family this summer.  I tried making a list of things to do in Bolivar, Springfield, and beyond.  One of the things on our list was to visit Dickerson Park Zoo in Springfield.  The park is just the right size for our girls; small enough to see everything and not feel like we had to spend the entire day there. 
Ellen and Sophia have made a tradition of getting their picture taken on the elephant statue outside the entrance of the zoo.

Sophia was pretty fun to take to the zoo this year.  She was very aware of all the animals and made sure that you saw them too! 

Sophia pointing out the monkey.  Actually there were a couple in this exhibit and they were pretty playful.

We've never had much luck feeding the goats at the zoo.  This year was a little different though; They actually let Tim put his hand under theirs and let the goat take the treat.  50 cents goes a long way with our girls.  They would only give one treat at a time!

Sophia went first.  Feeding the goats was Ellen's idea, but she kindly let her little sister go first!  : )

Ellen actually fed the goats several times!  We really made progress this year!

We had just missed the elephants getting their baths, but we did get to see them walking around picking up grass to eat. 

I LOVE THIS PICTURE!

Up close and personal with one of the elephants.

Tim and the girls walking ahead of pregnant mama!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I thought I would give this blog thing a try. My plan is to use it as an online scrapbook for my family.