Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Fancy Nancy Tea Party

A couple of weekends ago the public library hosted a "Fancy Nancy Tea Party."  If you're not familiar with Fancy Nancy she is a girl who loves all things fancy.  Fancy clothes, fancy words, fancy foods.  If it's fancy, she loves it.  Nancy reminds me of my own little Ellen.  If it sparkles she will ooh and ahh over it for hours. 
Well, I knew I couldn't get away with missing the party and I knew Ellen would LOVE getting dressed up and going.  So here are the pictures from the extravagant event. (as Fancy Nancy would say, "that's a fancy
word for fancy")
The outfit was picked out ALL BY HERSELF!  When Tim saw her for the first time he said, "WHOA!"  I looked at him and said, "Do you think it's too much?"  He just smiled because he knew better than to ask her to take something off. 
A better view of the whole ensemble.  (Fancy Nancy would say, "That's a fancy word for outfit")
They did some singing and made paper crowns to wear.

Ms Mallory read a couple Fancy Nancy stories and a book about shoes.

Ms Mallory took individual pictures of the girls to put in these cute tea pot photo frames that they made.

The girls had sugar cookies in the shape of hands for a snack.  They pretended to give them manicures.
Ellen's cookies had their nails painted, a ring, and bracelets added.  It was such a cute idea!

Of course it was delicious!

Thanks Ms Mallory for a wonderful afternoon!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I thought I would give this blog thing a try. My plan is to use it as an online scrapbook for my family.