Monday, October 12, 2009

Montauk 2009

We recently took our annual trip to Montauk State Park. The first weekend in October the park has a trout derby that our family has participated in for years. Here are some pictures of the weekend.
Ellen feeding the fish at the hatchery.
Dustin, Kate, and Lindsay taking a "walk" at the hatchery while Sophia enjoyed the ride.

Ellen wanted to take her turn at fishing. This made for some really good daddy time!




Papa caught a fish and Ellen was very curious and wanted to touch it. Then she "caught" a fish on her Dora pole. She was so excited she didn't quite know what to do or think.
After the fish were caught it was time to clean them. Well, Ellen was interested in what was going on so she got herself down by the water and watched. Afterwards she told me what she saw... "Papa put the fish to sleep and then he took it's clothes off!!!"


I have to share this funny story with you. We had a friendly squirrel who kept coming to the deck of our cabin. We thought it would be fun to set out an apple for it to eat. Well, it worked and the squirrel kept coming back and would stay longer and longer each time. It finally worked out for Ellen to see the squirrel...we opened the deck door and she stuck her head out and growled at it like a lion. The squirrel moved down the deck but didn't leave. She growled again and it moved a little farther. On her third growl I goosed her on her bottom and it went from a growl to a scream! The squirrel jumped to the nearest tree and was gone! We all laughed for a very long time after that!

Ellen in her "camping bag"

Here's a few pictures of the family. I apologize that I missed so many people.

2 comments:

neubiewaters said...

After you hear how Papa cleans fish, makes you wonder how he caught grandma!

Delayn said...

Erin

Papa is quite the sweet talker.

Delayn

About Me

My photo
I thought I would give this blog thing a try. My plan is to use it as an online scrapbook for my family.